What Is a Custom Token?
A custom token on the Ethereum Virtual Machine (EVM) refers to a digital asset created on the Ethereum blockchain or a compatible network using the ERC-20 standard. These tokens can represent a variety of assets, including digital currencies, assets, or even ownership of real-world items.
It's essential to exercise caution and verify the authenticity of custom tokens, as fake tokens can be created on the blockchain.
How Do I Add the Custom Token to Blocto Wallet? (Currently ERC-20 Only)
Adding custom tokens allows you to view and manage a variety of assets within your Blocto Wallet.
To add a custom token to Blocto Wallet, follow these steps:
Access Token Settings:
- Launch the Blocto Wallet and click on the "Token" option located in the bottom bar.
Add a Custom Token:
- Look for the "+" button on the Token page.
- Click on "+" next to Add Token to initiate the process of adding a custom token.
Enter/Scan the Contract Address:
- You will be prompted to enter or scan the contract address of the custom token you want to add.
- This contract address uniquely identifies the token on the blockchain.
Confirm and Save:
- Confirm the details of the custom token, such as its symbol and decimals.
- Save or confirm the addition of the custom token to your wallet.
Why Am I Not Able to Add the Custom Token?
Please make sure you've verified the contract address of a custom token on Etherscan:
Visit Etherscan: Go to the Etherscan website (etherscan.io).
Token Details Page: Search the token name and access the Token Details page.
Verify Information: On the Token Details page, verify essential information such as the token symbol, decimals, and contract creation details and copy the contract address to the adding page of Blocto Wallet.
Checking the contract address on Etherscan ensures that you have accurate information about the custom token and enhances the security of your wallet. Always double-check the contract address before interacting with any token on the blockchain.
Note: Always exercise caution when interacting with custom tokens, and only add tokens from trustworthy sources. Be wary of unsolicited requests to add custom tokens, as they may be part of phishing attempts or scams. Verify token details from official channels and double-check contract addresses to enhance security.